The inside is all that really matters, at least that’s what I think. So here’s a chicken fajita recipe without the wasted refined carbs from the fajita. It’s high in protein and low in carbs, great for an evening meal with no guilt!
- Heat a skillet with a thin layer of almond oil in it.
- Slice chicken breast into strips and place in skillet and let the chicken start cooking.
- While chicken is cooking slice and dice peppers and onions to your choice of thickness.
- Place the peppers and onions in the same skillet that chicken is cooking in.
- Add in cumin, salt and extra almond oil.
- Let everything cook for approximately 5 minutes uncovered or until grilling/cooking shows.
- Cook an additional 5 minutes covered or until the onion is transparent or chicken is cooked through.
- Serve and enjoy!