We undoubtedly live in a very stressful era. There’s so much turmoil happening across the globe and in our own country. It keeps many of us worried, afraid and thinking very negatively. I’m not one of those people to ignore what’s going on and act like everything is OK. At the same time I’m not going to dwell on things I have very little control over. So I try to keep a positive and ‘can do’ kind of attitude by doing a few things everyday to prevent the downward spiral into negativity. Here’s a list of the things I try to do on an almost daily basis:
1. Remember that perfectionism is procrastination. Just do it and perfect it along the way.
2. Listen to uplifting music. Music has been part of us humans for thousands of years, it substantially changes our mood (see how it helped cancer patients improve their mood here: J Music Ther).
3. Breathe in essential oils as positive action inducing aromatherapy. Aromatherapy is often overlooked but very POWERFUL for improving your mood. Numerous studies have shown the positive impact they can make on your mood (here’s one: Int J Neurosci). I use NOW® Solutions Cheer Up Buttercup in my diffuser. It cheers me up! 😉
5. Eat organic and take supplements as necessary. Our food is not what it used to be. The nutrient density of vegetables and fruits has diminished from over farming, genetic modification and poor nutrient uptake by the new breeds of GMO’s (Scientific American). Supplementing will ensure you have all of the nutrients your body needs! My personal favorite to help support a positive mood and mental alertness is NOW® L-tyrosine.* I take it as part of my pre-workout and pre-work routine!
6. Meditate 20 minutes (I’m secretly trying to get this in twice a day). All forms of meditation are good for reducing stress but Transcendental Meditation has been shown to be the most effective for multiple health benefits (read this study for more info:Ann N Y Acad Sci.).
I truly believe if we all work on being more positive and helpful to one another we can start to change the world for the better. Share this if you agree!
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.