We’re all pressed for time these days so working out shouldn’t be time consuming and it should be as efficient as possible. That’s what I had in mind with the following shoulder and arm workout. You can perform this workout as a stand alone workout for arms or as a finishing touch to your push/chest WOD.
After warming up (just about 2-3 minutes) with arm circles, plank rotations and an actively moving downward dog (not a stretch oriented one) you’re ready to move onto the first component; jump rope. Here’s the run down of the workout which you may do in one long sequence and repeat up to 5 times depending on your fitness level and time constraints.
- Jump rope 1-2 minutes
- High Incline Vertical Push-ups into 8x
- Low Incline Feet on the Wall Pushups 8x
- Dumbbell Curl into Arnold Press 8-10x
- Elbows in Close Grip Pushup 8x
- Repeat sequence 3-5 times with 30-45 seconds rest after each round